- Build vocabulary through competitive word recognition.
- Students will improve morphology through recognition of various forms.
Setting Up the Game
- Components: boggle game with timer, paper, pencils
- Each player should have a piece of paper and pencil/pen.
- Place the Boggle Box and timer in the center.
Rules of Play
- One player shakes the Boggle Box to mix letter dice, then lifts the lid to reveal the scrambled letters.
- Second player starts the timer (one minute).
- Players silently right down as many words as they can decipher.
- Words are created by a straight vertical line, no curves or angles.
- When the time stops, players count up (check/correct) words.
- A word may be challenged by another player with a Latin dictionary or grammar book as a resource.
How to Win!
- The player with the most correct words wins.
Other Word Games
- Word Wheel, Bananagrams, etc.